In 2023, we celebrate the 150th Anniversary of the entry of Blessed Basile Moreau into eternal life. The Congregation of Holy Cross has declared “a celebration to honor our founder, Blessed Basile Moreau, beginning on January 20, 2023, and ending on June 7, 2024, the Feast of the Sacred Heart” (Decree 20).
Here are some activities for the opening of this jubilee period:
– From 11 to 19 January: Novena to Blessed Basile Moreau
– From Thursday 19 to Saturday 21 January: 40 hours of Eucharistic Adoration will unite the 18 countries where the Congregation is present. The Shrine of Blessed Basil Moreau will begin this period of Adoration on Thursday 19 at 8:30 pm. It will be led by a team of young professionals from the diocese.
– Friday, January 20: Holy Mass of Blessed Basil Moreau at 9 a.m. at the Church of Our Lady of Holy Cross/ Shrine of Blessed Basil Moreau.
– Saturday, January 21: Moreau Day for the religious (men and women) of Holy Cross at the Solitude and Vespers at the church/Shrine at 4 p.m.
– Sunday, January 22:
– Solemn Mass in the church at 10:30am, presided by Father Grégoire Cador, vicar general of the diocese of Le Mans.
– After an aperitif in the parish room, a convivial meal will be offered to those interested at the Maison Saint-Julien (26 rue Albert Maignan, Le Mans – 10 euros per person). You can register with Tiphaine Hamerel (02 43 81 15 57 or email@example.com). Registration deadline: 12 January.
Other activities will be offered throughout the jubilee period: celebrations, Jubilee Gate, concerts, conferences, guided tours, pilgrimages, exhibition, show, sale of santons, publications, etc.
Details will be published on the Shrine’s website and the Shrine’s Facebook page throughout the jubilee period.